Otago Central Deer
Lunch at Omakau
Turning on head lamp before entering one of the many tunnels.
Friendly hospitality along the way.
Otago Central Farmlands
Stunning Otago Central Views
Day Cycling Tours
Full Day Cycling Tours on the Otago Central Rail Trail
Pick up and drop off available from Queenstown, Wanaka, Alexandra and Cromwell
*Hotel Pick ups - 9am, Return approximately 5.30pm
After your hotel pickups, we head for the heart of Otago Central, Auripo Road, which is the starting point for our premium one-day ride and walk
Our morning starts with a gentle cycle, approximately two hour downhill stretch. This will see us through to our lunchtime location of the famous Omakau Hotel.
Your trip includes a full gourmet lunch, locally grown cuisine and fresh New Zealand produce
A large range of local award winning wines are available (for your purchase)
After lunch we continue for approximately one hour to Chatto Creek tavern. This is our finishing point, and a chance for refreshment and a debrief on the days adventure.
This trip is suited to all ages and abilities, if you can ride a bike you can cycle this fantastic day tour
Included in your tour
- Full gourmet lunch with locally grown cuisine and fresh New Zealand produce
- Transfers including pick up and drop off to and from your accommodation
- Bikes, safety gear including helmets, windproof jackets,bike pumps etc
- Support van and driver transferring your luggage available to meet as you cycle the trail
- Wear casual clothing and footwear, suitable for cycling
- A drink
- Sunscreen is a must
- Your camera!
- Adult $299
- Child $159 (12 and under)
- Family Pack $757 inc 2 Adults and 2 Children
Tailor Made Trips
Rail Trail Active specialises in putting together personalized guided and supported bike tours to suit all group sizes and abilities, from one to three day rides over the complete rail trail. From camping under the stars to luxury accommodation, Rail Trail Active will provide all the necessities to suit your itinerary. Contact us today and tell us what your requirements are